For over 110 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City (BBBS of NYC) has been supporting New York City’s neediest youth, providing them with the support and guidance of a one-to-one mentorship, which is overseen by the agency’s team of case managers. Established in 1904, when Ernest Coulter saw the potential of mentoring young people in the City, BBBS of NYC has remained committed to serving children and youth with impactful mentoring experiences. BBBS reaches more than 4,000 students every year through partnerships with schools, local organizations, and government agencies.
BBBS of NYC Seeks Associate Program Manager to:
• Supervise a caseload of clients and volunteers to achieve mutually successful mentoring experiences.
• Provide on-going in person and phone supervision and support to mentors, mentees and parents.
• Maintain professional records of all supervision contacts. Monitor closely for safety, program compliance, goal achievement and program satisfaction; immediately address and resolve issues that may arise.
• Regularly evaluate youth clients based on agency guidelines and specific program goals to assess outcomes.
• Lead educational and recreational group activities and/or special projects for mentoring pairs and parents based on emerging needs.
• Act as advocate for youth and families including information and referral, crisis intervention, and short term counseling.
• Conduct client and parent psychosocial interviews, write assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating agencies, schools, etc. to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
• Conduct outreach presentations to external community agencies for appropriate client referrals.
• Identify and communicate qualitative and quantitative success within the organization.
• Perform other agency and program related duties as needed.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 years’ experience working with youth preferred; case management experience preferred
• Commitment to helping children achieve success in life
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups
• Ability to provide effective interviewing, assessment and case management skills
• Ability to comply with applicable child safety requirements
• Ability to promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful mentoring environment that embraces diversity
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage caseloads and effectively work with clients
• Must be proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
• Multiple positions available: Bilingual skills a plus in Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Program Manager-Bilingual Cantonese” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.