Flushing Neighborhood 360
WHO WE ARE
The Flushing Neighborhood 360 program is funded through the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) and based in Flushing, Queens. The Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce, the local program partner for Neighborhood 360, is seeking a grant coordinator to start immediately. The Chamber is a multicultural membership association of entrepreneurs, business owners, and civic leaders that fosters the economic growth, inclusive diversity, and shared prosperity of our community through advocacy, networking, and education. Please visit the Flushing Fantastic website for more information about the chamber.
The coordinator will be responsible for grant administration, program documentation, resource development, and coordination of community partners for the Flushing Neighborhood 360 program as part of the Flushing Fantastic district marketing campaign to position Flushing, Queens, as a top-of-mind destination.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The coordinator will work with the N360 Program Manager to document the district marketing campaign and submit invoices, quarterly reports, and financial statements to the Flushing Neighborhood 360 program funder. The coordinator will also help develop resources for reporting and project management needs, work with community partners to coordinate communication for the district marketing campaign, and ensure the overall plan is implemented on time and with attention to detail.
Grant Management & Resource Development
Administrative Support and Coordination (50%)
- Provide administrative support for program development, grant management, and outreach and coordination of community partners and volunteers.
- Ensure timely tracking and reporting of activities and outcomes to funders and partners.
- Schedule, manage, and document N360 steering committee meetings and program planning meetings.
- Coordinate program email lists and newsletters.
Ambassador Program (25%)
- Establish “Ambassador Program” that connects individuals and groups to boost Flushing community and support local businesses with resources and assistance.
- Work with volunteers to provide business assistance resources, create multi-language materials; and coordinate translation services.
Event Production (25%)
- Plan and execute business expo in June to raise awareness of Flushing, and attract partner organizations and merchants to invest in Flushing business community.
- Establish marketing and promotional partners to ensure successful awareness and participation in the business expo.
- Generate resources and secure sponsorship for events.
- General knowledge of the Flushing, Queens community and needs of business owners.
- Prior experience in nonprofit development, grant management, or event production.
- A passion and strong interest in local communities and immigrant issues.
- Superb writing, speaking, interpersonal, and visual communication skills.
- Experience and interest in public relations and graphic design.
- Responsible, detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong project management skills.
- Experience working with government contracts and invoicing a plus.
- A self-starter with the ability to work individually or in team settings.
- Resourceful and able to prioritize multiple projects under time constraints.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, web-based tools like Constant Contact and Eventbrite.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
COMPENSATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Compensation commensurate with experience. The position is located in Flushing, Queens. To apply: email resume and cover letter to Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce at info@flushing chamber.nyc. No calls please. Applications rolling until filled. Only qualified applicants will be considered. The Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows us to only respond to those best qualified for the position.