The City of New York is hiring new Fellows to help outreach for the “Pre-K for All” campaign:
Pre-K for All Fellowship Program
The Pre-K for All Outreach Team is looking for energetic individuals interested in community engagement, organizing or education policy to join our summer, 2016 Fellowship program. Individuals selected for the Fellowship role, will provide administrative and programmatic support to our facilitated enrollment program.
The objectives for this Fellowship include: using and developing first-hand knowledge of organizing,
engaging potential volunteers and community stakeholders while assisting the Department of Education’s
Pre-K for All Outreach team in accomplishing its tasks in facilitating the enrollment of eligible families
into our free, full-day, high quality Pre-K for All program.
Pre-K Outreach Fellows
Outreach Fellowship participants will report directly to the Partnerships Manager and work closely with
the Pre-K for All staff, working out of our Pre-K for All Headquarters in NYC. Also, they will
collaborate across teams to support event planning and execution, conduct trainings and partnering with
partner organizations’ outreach events throughout the five boroughs.
• Assist and attend community outreach events
• Make phone calls to families and community based organizations
• Distribute Pre-K for All informational materials/directories to partner organizations
• Recruit and mobilize local community members and volunteers
• Provide day-to-day assistance with administrative duties
• Assist with evening/weekend events (i.e. festivals, parades, health fairs, etc.)
• Attending or recently graduated College
• Possess a high energy level and remain goal-oriented
• A passion for community engagement or strong interest in education policy
• Proven leadership activism
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently collaboratively
• Approach opportunities and challenges with confidence and determination
• Must be able to work in demanding environments and able to quickly adjust to changing conditions
• Detailed-oriented and be familiar with Office practices
Applicants must be available to work 15-20 hours per week including some weekends.
Compensation: $12.00 per hour.