WE NYC is delighted to announce the 2018 Small Business Funding Expo, a WE NYC event in partnership with NYWIB – New York Women in Business – a SCORE organization on April 30 at the Microsoft Technology Center..
Whether you are starting a business or looking to accelerate your growth, don’t let a lack of funding be the only thing holding you back.
This full-day event will be packed with presentations, roundtable discussions, and programs to help you understand where and how to get the funds you need, and what to do when you get them. Get answers directly from up to 25 traditional and non-traditional lenders and business experts. Learn your options and also how to become more efficient and successful.
9:15 to 10:00 AM Registration and coffee
10:00 to 10:15 AM Opening Remarks by Gregg Bishop, Commissioner, NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS)
10:15 to 11:15 AM Keynote Address
How The New Tax Laws Will Impact You and Your Small Business. By Josh Gottheimer, US Congressman, New Jersey 5th District
12:30-1:30 PMLunch & Networking
Plus FREE, confidential one-on-one mentoring by SCORE experts.
11:15 AM-3:45 PM Activities
Following the keynote addresses, you have a choice of multiple activities running concurrently in each of three-time blocks.Your choices include (see grid and details below):
- Panel Discussions with speakers from a range of organizations including banks, credit unions, microlenders and more.
- “Crowdfunding and Microloans, Right For You?” by WE Fund Crowd: Kiva, Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, Kickfurther, and CrowdCrux
- Round Table Discussions on Finance, Management, Planning, HR, Strategy, Non-Profit, and more
- Workshops on Building a Million Dollar Business, the Funding Challenge, Funding a Food Business, Empowering Productivity with Microsoft 365 Apps
- The PITCH – a business pitch contest to win $1,000 in Microsoft prizes. We encourage everyone to attend and help us choose the winners. Yes, your vote counts! If you want to compete, send a written 500-word pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25th. We will notify you if you are selected to be one of 15 contestants.
- The Microsoft Experience Center
3:45 – 4:00 PM Wrap Up
*You can register for activities at the event*
*Refreshments available while supplies last*