Getting certified is a great way to grow your business and do business with the City of New York. City Agencies reach out to certified firms whenever new contract opportunities open and these businesses gain millions of dollars from these contracts each year.
To be eligible for NYC M/WBE certification:
- You have to be legally authorized to do business in New York State
- You have to have been in business for at least one year
- At least 51% of your business is owned, operated, and controlled by a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident who is a woman and/or a member of a designated minority group including: Black, Hispanic, Asian-Pacific, or Asian-Indian
- Your business has to be a:
- Sole proprietorship
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Limited Partnership (LP)
- General Partnership
- The business’ principal office, place of business, or headquarters is located within the five boroughs of New York City or in one of the following counties of New York and New Jersey:
About the Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce is a multicultural membership association of entrepreneurs and civic leaders representing the most diverse community in New York. The Chamber fosters the economic growth, inclusive diversity, and shared prosperity of greater Flushing through advocacy, networking, and education. More information is available at flushingchamber.nyc.
About NYC Small Business Services
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) helps unlock economic potential and create economic security for all New Yorkers by connecting New Yorkers to good jobs, creating stronger businesses, and building thriving neighborhoods across the five boroughs.