As the 5th season of the Queensboro Dance Festival, we are thrilled to announce the launch of our official Queens tour running May through October! QDF 2018 is also in residence at Queens Theatre, our home-away-from-home as we tour away and back again to our Long Island City home neighborhood.
QDF 2018 will have 20+ diverse performances across 18+ indoor and outdoor venues throughout Queens. Performances will consist of both short-program and evening-length shows. All shows include audience dance activities, QDF dancebacks, or choreographer talkbacks. Some performance venues along the tour also have special creative options, which will be addressed in the application form. See FAQs below for more or visit queensborodancefestival.com!
QDF 2018 Participants Receive:
- $1000 space grant at Queens Theatre for each participating dance company, awarded in partnership with Queens Theatre
- No fee to apply or to accept participation
- See and dance throughout your borough in unique venues across Queens
- Access to free and discounted rehearsal space
- Free master classes
- QDF Class Xchange: paid opportunities to teach and take free dance class from fellow participants
- QM3 opportunity: chance to collaborate with Queens musicians encouraged as part of our new QM3 (Queens Musicians + Movers Making) initiative
- Networking events & parties to meet other Queens artists and resources
- Special access to various Queens arts institutions
- Connect with the Queens dance community and your neighborhoods
- Video and photo footage
- Choreographer or company must be based in Queens (mailing address). *Dance schools with professional companies welcome. Pre-professional students may perform if integrated on stage with their professional company.
- Unedited video footage of your entire proposed work is required with your application
- If your application is accepted, you will be assigned a schedule of 3-6 performances consisting of both short-program and evening-length shows based on your requests
- You must be available for at least 5 short programs and 5 evening-length shows
- As we live in the world’s borough, we love World and Queens premieres!
- Dances have a 12-minute maximum
- Dances must be finished and performance ready
- Be willing to engage your local community with your talents!