Choosing the Right Business Structure
This workshop includes an in-depth discussion about the pros and cons of the available options in New York State, such as sole proprietorship, partnership, “c” or “s” corporation, and the limited liability company (LLC), so you can determine which one is best for you.
The event will take place at NYC Small Business Solutions Queens center located at 90-27 Sutphin Boulevard ,4th Floor Queens, NY 11435 and will be on March 6th, from 12:30 PM – 1:30PM. RSVP here.
Building Your Own Business Website
There will be a course that will teach you to:
- Define the essential components of effective websites
- Create a domain name that is easy to write and remember
- Decide which website builder is best for your business
- Develop a website using the Wix platform, including an eCommerce system
The event will take place at Sunnyside Library located at 43-06 Greenpoint Avenue Long Island City, NY 11104 and will on March 7th, from 5 PM – 7:30 PM. RSVP here.
Operating Like a Pro (Queens Night Market)
Need help improving your retail business? In this event, you will:
- Create a personalized checklist for daily operations that can reduce costs
- Understand the regulations around handling food
- Deliver trainings for staff to improve your customer service
- Identify potential threats to the security of your business
- Measure sales and set achievable sales goals
The event will take place at LaGuardia Community College located at 31-10 Thomson Ave Building E, 2nd Floor, Room 242 Long Island City, NY 11101 and will be on March 11th, from 6:30 PM – 9 PM. RSVP here.
Creating a Business Idea that works
This course will help you think of an action plan for your business, in it, you will:
- Identify the market problem your business will solve
- Define your target customers, industry, and competitors
- Create research plans to better understand your customers, industry, and competitors
- Develop a unique value proposition (UVP) statement
- Draft your business concept statement
The event will take place at Sunnyside Library located at 43-06 Greenpoint Avenue Long Island City, NY 11104 and will be on March 21st, from 5 PM – 7:30 PM. RSVP here.
About NYC Small Business Services (SBS)
The NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) helps unlock economic potential and create economic security for all New Yorkers by connecting New Yorkers to good jobs, creating stronger businesses, and building thriving neighborhoods across the five boroughs. For more information, visit nyc.gov/business.
About the Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Flushing Chamber of Commerce is a multicultural membership association of entrepreneurs and civic leaders representing the most diverse community in New York. The Chamber fosters the economic growth, inclusive diversity, and shared prosperity of greater Flushing through advocacy, networking, and education. More information is available at flushingchamber.nyc.